Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October 19, 2010

Welcome to my Garden.  I live and garden in the mountains of Western Massachusetts in New England. USDA Agricultural Zone 5b mostly but sometimes 5a and sometimes 4a; given the year. I've had winters where there has hardly been any snow, to 5 feet dumped in just one storm, to "normal" cold temperatures to almost a week at 20F below zero. 

My intention here is to discuss what's going on currently in the garden and greenhouse and what I'm doing with it in terms of cooking and preserving it.  I'll get into not only other sources for local food I tap into but get into the philosophy and practicality behind eating as locally as possible.

I actually started this blog last Spring at another site. It's taken me all Summer to decide what to do  and whether I wanted to keep it there or elsewhere and have decided to move all those blog posts here. So for a bit we're going to go backwards in time to the Spring of 2010.
Then I'll restart with what's going on now in mid Autumn. 

So see you back here in October in a bit......

(P.S: The photo above is of lettuce greens in the greenhouse last winter. They were some of the best I've tasted in my life: more on that later..... )

No comments:

Post a Comment