Monday, October 3, 2011

Updates on last weeks and this weeks Art Challenges


I'm a bit off schedule this week.
I didn't report on last week's Art Challenge finale on Friday as I'd planned; which was simply I had to do something creative for 5 days of the work week.

What I did was mostly “rusted” some of the paper mache prints I'd done in the past few weeks. I explain where I got the idea and how I was doing it in 'my last post's Studio update.

I really like the way they turned out. The image above and the next two are the rusting experiments:



This week's Art Challenge I'm going back to my first challenge: an 8” x 10” canvas frame a day for 4 days. (I'm heading back to Maine for the long weekend! So 4 paintings instead of 5). Any medium I want but it will probably be acrylic and either/or mixed media.

Here is the first canvas this week (yes, I'm still on my Raven kick :) ):




As stated in the past I'm trying to avoid spamming those that read this (and the Face Book posts) so I'll report back on the challenge on Thursday. I'll try to post a garden update on Wednesday too.

No comments:

Post a Comment