Saturday, September 17, 2011

This weeks Challenge Finale

Yesterday I finished this week's challenge: Embellishing the paper mache prints from last week. I've had good results and not so good. I mostly metal leafed them; gold and copper. Couldn't find silver. As pretty as they are I think they may be too shiny and metallic. I'll do what I always do when I'm not sure about something: put it away for awhile. Opinions are welcome :)

Images are down below.

I really like the lizard one I didn't put the leaf on. (last image below) What I would do with all of them is paint them, with acrylic paints, the color of however the metal oxidizes and the resulting natural patina. So for gold that's reddish, silver would be black and copper a two tone green. Then I'd put the metal leaf on. Sometimes sanding a bit off so the paint underneath would show through; again like the metal's natural patina.

I found I just loved the lizard without the leaf. It looks like it's been out in the weather for a couple decades. So I'm going to leave it alone and consider it finished.

Was a good week: I learned a lot.
Next week I'm on vacation in Maine. I want to continue to challenge myself but I'm going to go easy on myself as well. So the challenge will be I just have to do something; anything creative, no matter how small. A sketch, a journal page, a grid drawing.... of course, I'll pack up supplies but not a whole lot. I've never posted here with my iphone but will try. As well as I'll have access to a lap top but not sure about the connection up there. So if you don't hear from me this week I'll report on the Maine Challenge when I get back.

Here are the images of this weeks challenge:



No comments:

Post a Comment